Escape Rooms for Corporate Team Building
Team building is an essential aspect of any successful business. A company’s success depends on its employees’ ability to work together effectively, communicate well, and solve problems collaboratively. Corporate team-building activities are designed to improve these skills and create a more cohesive and productive workforce. One popular team-building activity that has gained popularity in recent years is the escape room.
Escape rooms are immersive, interactive experiences where a group of people is locked in a themed room and must solve a series of puzzles and clues to escape before time runs out. The concept originated in Japan in 2007 and has since spread worldwide, with over 2,300 escape rooms in the United States alone. Escape rooms have become a popular team-building activity for companies of all sizes and industries.
In this blog post, we will explore the benefits of using escape rooms for corporate team-building, and share tips for planning a successful escape room team-building event. Escape rooms offer a unique and engaging way to promote teamwork and collaboration among employees. Here are some of the key benefits of using escape rooms for corporate team building:
1. Improves Communication Skills
Escape rooms require participants to communicate effectively to solve puzzles and escape before time runs out. Employees must work together, share ideas, and listen to each other to succeed. This can help improve communication skills, which are essential for any successful team.
According to a survey by ClearCompany, 86% of employees and executives cite a lack of collaboration or ineffective communication as the cause of workplace failures (source). Escape rooms provide a fun and engaging way to improve communication skills and reduce workplace failures.
2. Builds Trust and Camaraderie
Escape rooms require participants to trust each other and work together to achieve a common goal. This can help build trust and camaraderie among employees, which can lead to a more positive and productive work environment.
According to a study by Gallup, employees who have a best friend at work are seven times more likely to be engaged in their job (source). Escape rooms provide an opportunity for employees to build friendships and strengthen relationships, which can lead to higher levels of engagement and job satisfaction.
3. Promotes Problem-Solving Skills
Escape rooms require participants to use critical thinking and problem-solving skills to solve puzzles and escape before time runs out. This can help improve problem-solving skills, which are essential for any successful team.
According to a study by the Pew Research Center, problem-solving skills are among the most important skills employers look for in job candidates (source). Escape rooms provide a fun and engaging way to improve problem-solving skills and prepare employees for success in the workplace.
4. Provides a Fun and Engaging Team Building Activity
Escape rooms offer a fun and engaging way to promote teamwork and collaboration among employees. They provide a break from the routine of the workplace and allow employees to have fun while improving their skills together.
According to a survey by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), 77% of employers use team-building activities to improve communication and collaboration among employees (source). Escape rooms provide a unique and memorable team building activity that can help achieve these goals.
Escape rooms offer a unique and engaging way to promote teamwork and collaboration among employees. They provide a fun and memorable team-building activity that can improve communication skills, build trust and camaraderie, promote problem-solving skills, and provide a break from the routine of the workplace. If you’re considering using escape rooms for corporate team building, make sure to choose the right room, set clear goals and expectations, encourage collaboration and communication, and debrief and discuss the experience with the group. With these tips in mind, you can plan a successful escape room team-building event that will benefit your company and employees.
Tips for Planning a Successful Escape Room Team Building Event
If you’re considering using escape rooms for corporate team building, here are some tips for planning a successful event:
- Choose the Right Escape Room: Choose an escape room that is appropriate for your group’s size and skill level. Some escape rooms are designed for smaller groups, while others can accommodate larger groups. Make sure to choose a room that is challenging but not too difficult, as this can lead to frustration and a negative experience.
- Set Clear Goals and Expectations Set clear goals and expectations for the event, including the desired outcomes and the rules of the game. Make sure everyone understands the objectives and is on the same page before starting the game.
- Encourage Collaboration and Communication Encourage collaboration and communication among participants throughout the game. Remind everyone that the goal is to work together to solve the puzzles and escape before time runs out.
- Debrief and Discuss After the game, debrief and discuss the experience with the group. Ask for feedback and suggestions for improvement. Use this feedback to improve future team-building events.
SCHEDULE YOUR CORPORATE EVENT TODAY!